Well we are having our first winterish day - dull overcast and just keeps getting colder.  Big storm on east coast and lots of folks will lose power and get plenty of rain and snow.
Have been pretty busy this weekend so didn't get a chance to do a lot on my lady.  I am pretty pleased though as I thnk I got the round 3-D shape on her hat and it kind of shines like the gourd that I think it is.  Got her neck and chest in and am going to put a couple rows of bead work.  Gave myself a scare as I was messing with the nose and lost it, but think I have it back again, made it broader which I think is more representative of what reference shows. Just love her hat - not that I would wear it, but on her looks spectacular.
I just don't know what to do about a background - I think it needs something to complete it but just not sure what and how much.  I was thinking blues and purples but don't have those colors elsewhere, not sure if I should pick up the browns and terracottas for the background as well- my thought was too much of same colors but might be the right thing maybe in just a different value?
Getting late and have a busy week coming up, so will think on it.
Thanks for stopping by and hope everyone has a great painting week.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
This portrait is so beautiful that, now, you can think calmly about how to finish it, with those special touches that come from visual dialogue between you, the artist Nelvia, and the work that you have created!
The winter seems dropped all together in a few days upon us!
Have a nice week, dear friend!
renate said…
Hello painting friend:) This is a lady with an attitude. Beautiful. Such a proud face, I love that! The skin color is exact and the bones under her throat do look so real. Very excellent job you did here! I can see you loved working on her. Great art Nelvia! xxx and a big hug:)
Jane said…
Lela this is really stunning ! You pulled out the bones in her throat ( Uhhh, that was a nasty way of saying ) wonderfully !
Nelvia said…
Jane thanks for leaving a comment, know what you mean, she has very pronounced collar bones. She is very lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo