Ok thinking it might be warm enough for me to go out and run now - been missing it the last couple of weeks, either raining, too cold or just basically nasty, and I do need my fresh air.  My pedometer bit the dust and I got me a new one that I have to wear out.  Trying to get my act together as this week brings the annual visit to the doctor and am sure he is going to find something he doesn't like, like blood pressure, weight, etc etc etc.
Been quite a nice morning, listening to French radio, sipping my tea and working on "The Hunter".  Just had to post up what I accomplished on this bad girl during the week, stole a couple minutes here and there.  I always seem to see things on a picture post that I don't seem to see in person. The more color on her I get in the more I really think I nailed the background.  I have worked on the left eye, you may not see it, but I feel better about it now, downsized it a bit, reshaped it a bit and am much happier with it.  Pretty much got the base in on the leg, not sure how much more color I want to add to it but sure it is going to take more to give it roundness.  I think I am going to have to get to put this on the board and take it down into the family room and put it up on the fireplace mantle and see what it looks like there in the light and up in the air above head height as that is where it will eventually reside (I hope).
I also got my measurements done last night for the new picture, need to remeasure as I am trying Renate's trick of combining two things together.  Going to do something I rarely do to see how it might look, a thumbnail to try to work out to see if I get the effect I am looking for.  Want leaves to frame the the picture of the mill, some are artificial and others are naturally a part of the mill's background.  Might be a big bust, but am hoping that between us all looking and commenting I can come up with a good composition - my inherent weakness.  But want to try to see if I can develop that skill of composing a picture rather than editing an existing photo.  We'll see, hope to have something to show you guys tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by and hoping you all are having a great weekend.

Comments

Alexander said…
what an animal. great work
renate said…
Hello Nelvia:) Oh oh I'm 5 days behind with my comments:( I've got a lot of errors this week: My coffee machine break down, my new scooter breake down, my visit to Judy went misarable (I even didn't make it to the train), I'm late with my comments, I have no time to paint. But seeing your beauty over here makes me feel smiling. With every post you make me more curious what you are going to do with the mill:) Skipp the leopard ( for a week ) and show me were your up to!!
I hope your visit to the dokter went well. I think so, you as a runner:)
Love that name: The runner, perfect for you and the Leopard!!
I miss you. It's time we talk again! xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo