Well didn't get to work on this much this weekend, yesterday got caught up in the shopping world and housecleaning to bring me back to earth.  So just got an hour or two in today.  Acttually spending time looking at where to lighten her.  Not much on the fur technique on this one since it is fairly short and sleek and tight to the body. 
Now it is time for football, our Atlanta Falcons are one step away from the Super Bowl.  That day of the game, Super Bowl, must be one of America's biggest holidays and if our team got in would be the first time and this town will be crazy.  Not sure that we aren't going to get our butts handed to us, but will be fun to root for them.
Caroline, Rita and Renate, those of you who counseled me to wait until I had more face color, seems you guys are right, as I am liking the eye better now.  Am a little worried now as the left eye appears like it is going to be a lot larger than the right, looking at the reference there is a difference, but not what it is looking like right now.  If I have to I can shave off a bit more of the bottom of the eyeball in black and maybe not deviate too much.  I am hoping that when I put in the lighter eye rim and then darker underneath it will equalize the overall size of them.  Always something to worry over - I think I should have ulcers.
This time I am working very cautiously on layering in the darker colors in the chest area, want it to stay light but still have color, that's the trick, as I want it to pop when I put the front and back leg color in.
Renate your picture with the flowers gave me an idea that I am working out the line drawing for and hope I can do that while the game is on and get another picture started.  This would be an old grist mill up in the mountains and I want to make it in Fall time frame so we get all the reds, oranges and golds of peak leaf season, reflected in the mill pond, I can't wait as my fingers are itching already. But we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
Dear Nelvia, I carefully watching eyes of a leopard, and it seems to me that the stains on one side, can cause a sense of diversity temporarily. Have a nice week!
Wow, your painting is coming along beautifully...Just remember to enjoy the process.
I love checking in to see how everything is going for you!!
I am sorry your team lost today..maybe next year!!
Happy painting
Caroline
hmuxo said…
This is outstanding!!! A lot of patience comes with doing this..I look forward to your next post!!
Nelvia said…
Well I keep looking at the eyes, can trim down if necessary, but will be patient and evaluate when more is in.
Nelvia said…
Hey C, thanks for checking in, Happy New Year to you. You have plenty of snow? Am trying and looking to divide and conquer the time spent. Yes we lost but gave it a good try, should be interesting as two non-dominant teams. Get to party hardy and Pailie already has his menu in place. No quad ding but are you skiing? Will be checking in to see what mischief you have been up to.
Nelvia said…
Thank you Hilda (my great aunt's name was Hilda too, a special lady) appreciate you support and hope to see you often. Will visit your site as well.
renate said…
Wow you make me curious Nelvia:) I can't wait to see the grist mill. As you discribed it, it must become wonderful. Please don't let us wait to long:)
Your leopard is such a beautiful animal. This is truely a masterpiece! The eye-thing is not the problem you think it is. You will see that it won't be visible after finishing the head part. Promise:)
You are doing such a great job on this, you earn my respect for this! xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo