Well here is this weeks and today's progress.  Still gray and cold outside, not raining today but sure looks like it could.  So a good day to stay inside and clean and get to work on the cat a bit.  Reworked the eyes, Renate, what do you think?  Hope they are improved as I don't think I can do a whole lot more to them and not get total mud.  Off the easel now and am going to being doing most of the rest of this cat on the drawing board, flat surface as I want to really get into the detail.  I will have to adjust the colors too once I get more down, wanted to stay light in the midtone region and just accentuate the ridges and muscles but think I will have to go darker, never can tell until you get more color to compare against.
I have been adjusting my settings and it appears that the rogue search engines are leaving me alone, but I have issues today with uploading these images so had to upload through Picasa, hoping they are just having issues.  I readjust images and still didn't get the uploader so, we'll see, always something.
Hope all are having a good weekend, and will try to post where ever I am tomorrow night as well.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
The leopard looks very nice,
even the eyes are very expressive.
I like the soft ground in contrast to the geometry of the coat. I think it's a combination light and elegant but also powerful for contrast. An animal that is running right surround him with something that is not "solid", to imagine running towards us. All compositional choices you made are so right!
















Nelvia said…
Ciao Mia Caro, I am working on my Italian phrases each day so we can talk. Think it might be easier than Dutch, but Renate is trying to teach me. It is so wonderful to,see/talk to her and if we three can connect, well what a hoot. You should be really thrilled with your first projects, much detail, man you can do both, loose and structured, just awesome. Enjoying this cat so far, know we'll have our moment,
renate said…
Dear Nelvia:) Hoe gaat het met jou? :) How fast you are going!! I thought the eyes were beautiful already, but I can see you gave them some more depth and a little shadow. They are spectaculair!! And how beautiful your friend is goint to be:) I love the shoulder part. So very well done! My compliments:) xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo