Jania Finished

Ok, I think I am pretty much completed with Jania.  She will sit on the board and watch what I'm doing for the next couple of days and hopefully tweaks will be done only as needed.  I can always find tweaks, pick out lights or add more darks and already see some of those, but have been at it too much today and want fresher eyes before I make any adjustments.  (As I look it's not what you'd call a real centered picture here, sorry, but had to wait for the rain to stop and now too lazy to walk back downstairs and take another that might be more centered).  Did you ever notice how when in the sun you can't see what you are taking a picture of because you can't see the screen?
Anyway, darkened her hair up (but it might need more), added more facial color overall and then more darks to try to give a little definition to her headpiece.  Sorry Jane, wasn't a lot I could do with the lips being too long, tried to take some off, but it was pretty imbedded in the paper at this point. 
Thanks much for stopping by and hope you had a great weekend and a good week coming up.

Comments

Jane said…
I just love those eyes , what a great and intense glare , and the work on her hair is awesome too. I think she does look finished...you did a wonderful job !
hmuxo said…
Beautiful work Nelvia! Her smile is adorable....
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Nelvia!!
Lovely drawing !!!
Nelvia said…
Always appreciate your insight and support. I am pleased with her, but already am thinking about trying her again.
Nelvia said…
Thanks so much for hanging in here Hilda. When you do a portrait the second time does it go better for you? Am thinking about trying her again to see if I can work out my issues and garner a closer likeness, maybe in acrylic, now I am just getting crazy!!
Nelvia said…
Happy Thanksfiving to you as well, we have to wait another month for family and good food. Gonna try again C to get her right. But a little breather and some objectivity I think. Thanks for checking.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo