Weaving Upddate WIP

Haven't given you an update on my weaving lately, so here it is as of today.  Yep, when I said it was slow, I meant it goes really slow, it takes two lines of yarn to complete one row (kind of like the knit/purl routine) that you see on the front side, so......  Not sure but I am pretty sure grass grows faster in the winter than this is going.
 I am pretty excited with this one, I intentionally kept it simple, very few color changes, but I really am liking this, even hubby is enthused with this one.  I am toying around with adding a different color pink or peach at the top of the sky before I move into a steel blue night color, but just debating at this point.  You can see on my original cartoon where I have the bright red pops in the blue portion.    Just think that the transition to a softer, paler color may be more realistic.
 Boy I do like that the pine trees are silhouetted and am going to have to remember to build in maybe more sky holes in the mass areas to keep it real.  You really don't get the full effect of the sky color as it is a blend of both hot fuschia and oranges, a variegated yarn, and in real life it is very effective,  it does kind of glow. 
Now that it has cooled off here I think I will be able to work on it a bit more, even on the porch, without roasting as with the yarn and the backer cardboard it really retains the heat, the loom is big enough that it rests on my lap.
Thanks for stopping by and hoping you are having a great painting week.


Comments


You have a lot of patience ,it looks wonderful.
Jane said…
This is turning out really beautiful, love the colors ! Have a nice Sunday and happy work !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo