Pink WIP

Not exactly sure how to approach this one, but thought I'd start at the bottom and kind of work my way up through the feathers since they all sort of overlap a bit.  Also trying to give some of the fine line work and sleek lie to the feathers that you see in real life, but still that little bit of texture.  I am finding that is a bit of a challenge.  I am hoping that by the time I complete Pink I will have a technique and then I think I better write it down (alas, senior moments my friends) as there was so much time between my eagle I think I forgot what I did.  I am then going to go forward after this one and try my scratchboard egret before I forget what I did, however that one is lots softer feathers.  I also have a reference of mine that is a black swan and I'd kind of like to try that as well - sort of a feather clinic.  Hopeful I will be smarter at the end of it and not feel intimidated by them.
 Have to admit when I looked at this reference I was so excited with all the beautiful pinks but forgot about the little technical details.  So the aim here is to have a feast for the eyes when close up and yet still have it read feathers from a distance of 6-8 feet.  Definitely will be lots of board time, just looking, for Pink while I try to adjust and see if I can get what I am looking for. 
Think also I will check out wet canvas to see if they have anything in their learning library for feathers.  If you haven't checked that out yet, wetcanvas.com, do so, as there is a forum there for almost every type of artwork.  Usually in the forums there are libraries of threads where people have FREELY given so much information and instruction.  It also has a very supportive and friendly group of folks, it does vary from forum to forum as to who is actively supporting.  You can easily lurk there or boldly post and get very good critiques, both hard and soft, depending on what you are looking for.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a good week.  Absolutely the most beautiful weather here, today in Georgia.

Comments

Jane said…
This is definitely challenging, but I already see a future masterpiece !
Nelvia said…
Going rather slow as I am feeling my way with the featherwork. Will get it based in and them add on the hot orange color I want to use. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks much for positive thoughts Jane.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo