Mr.&Mrs. Pastel WIP

 
 
Here is an update on my lion friends and I am really not sure I am happy with the way this piece is going.  I am on the second try on this velour paper and I must admit it is very strange and I am not sure yet that I really like it.  (I really miss being able to blend, I guess it covers a lot of errors)  In my reading a lot of people have switched from velour to pastelboard.  However I thought that pastelboard is more like sanded paper, but I may be incorrect. 
I keep losing my underdrawing and then the colors look fine one second and then they go dead, just like the paper swallowed it.  Also this support creates quite a bit of dust so I have gone to my using air purifier and a mask.  I am using the color of the paper as some of the color of the lion and maybe I would have a different experience using more of a complementary color. 
The good thing about putting a shot on the computer screen is being able to see major errors, for me it brings some objectivity.
Goal now is to start to work on the lioness and then go back and make any corrections on Iblis if needed after I gain some distance from what I've already done. 
Yes he looks a little strange because I haven't tackled putting the whiskers in yet, but trust me, they will be there on both of them (lucky for me the lioness only has one side showing!!!)
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having the best week.

Comments

Jane said…
He will be fabulous in the end, I know you can do it :-))
hmuxo said…
Velour paper is certainly not the easiest of papers to use...However, the end result is always so amazing capturing the softness of the fur! You're doing beautifully, Nelvia and I look forward to your next post.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo