Watching - Tiger, Finished

Watching
 9"x12"
Pastel on Velour
Well I think that "Watching" is pretty much complete.  As usual I am going to let him sit on the board and rest a couple of days and then I can do tweaks to him.  I think I see a few of the markings that I'd like to change, especially that longer tough hair just around the neck area.   But want to get some distance first, too many hours in this to try to radically change and ruin the piece. 
Know that I need to keep going over the whiskers to get them whiter and with more substance.   I will admit that I tried whiskers with pastel and couldn't get the lines thin enough, so ended up using the trusty Sakura white gel pen and keep going over them as the velour sucks it up.  All the experts say sharpen the pastels - well I just don't know who to get it that sharp!!
Why is it with pictures you like some parts and hate others?  Do you think anybody gets it all where they like it?
As always happens when I get done with something I've lived with a while not sure what direction to try next.  Need to work some more on Triumphant and get that completed and then try another piece on the velour. 

Comments

Jane said…
Absolutely fabulous Nelvia, would be a great shame to start changing anything now, to me this is perfection !
Beautiful Nelvia,the eyes are stunning!
I agree with Jane,I would not change a thing!
hmuxo said…
You should be very proud!!! This is beautiful, Nelvia!!!! You did such an amazing job with his eyes......
Nelvia said…
Hi Jane, good advice, I tweaked just a couple things and nothing major but made me feel better. Thanks for such a wonderful comment.
Nelvia said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nelvia said…
Thanks for checking C, value your opinion. Glad you liked the eyes, think they were my best ones yet.
Nelvia said…
Thanks Hilda, all went right in this one, so I am thrilled. Not sure how it happened, but glad it did.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo