Watching - Tiger More WIP

Well continuing to work on this tiger.  Even though velour seems to take color pretty fast I find I am working lots of hours without looking like I am making progress.   I find that I keep adding additional layers to what I have already worked, still trying to get that individual hair look.  Think I may have been lucky and able to mask my error at the top of the head, thank goodness each tiger has different random markings.
I had to freshen up the left eye as well, and you can really tell the difference between the two eyes. 
It seems that even though I am trying not to lay anything or put hands on areas that have been worked, the color I guess gets imbedded into the velvety paper, dulls and needs to be touched up a bit. 
Today's time has been spent trying to get the muzzle to come forward away from the flat plane of the face.  I also have to get some more references on what the nose looks like as I am not happy with this, it matches my reference, but doesn't look finished or colored enough.  Maybe it is but want to just check a couple of other references before I say it is done.  I actually thought they have a redder nose?  Who knew you would be challenged on what a tiger's nose looks like - art makes for such a nicer world doesn't it?
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a super weekend.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is going to be amazing Nelvia. You're capturing the fur without adding the individual strokes....nicely done!
Jane said…
Coming along really well Nelvia !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo