The Venetian Violinist WIP

Since there are rules for everything I assume there are rules for correct cropping.  I haven't Googled it, suppose I should, but maybe ignorance is bliss.  Anyway I cropped this as an experiment.  What attracted me to the picture is the golden venetian mask, then the violin and then the hat.  I think you had to have both the hat and the violin to be sure that the mask/face is the center of attention.  But I felt I just couldn't have the violin just floating up there so I needed the second hand holding the bow.  In composition I think that diagnols are good at helping move the eye and suggests action, so maybe that is a good thing to include?  I also wanted to have a dark background and just sort of have him materialize out of the darkness.  So we will see how that goes....
Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look and hope you have a great start to your week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Omgoodness Nelvia!!! This is going to be a winner! The dark background is perfect. It brings the face out so we can see the mask. I love this one.
great composition. I think as long as the items away from the face are darker in tone and color that the mask will still stand out as the focal point. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo