Poppy Trio

        
                                                                     Poppy Trio
                                                                       12"x9"
                                                                      Acrylic
No I haven't gotten  lost, just got busy with the garden and then too hurting and tired to try to paint.  Also I am still battling it out with another seascape, I know I keep whining, but it is taking forever.

So I had started this as a sequel piece to another poppy painting I did, the black stripe was on the other side and I thought this would be a nice answer and cover more wall space to give a larger impact.  However that piece has sold so now it looks like I'll need to do another.  Also going to enter this in the DPW weekly challenge - entering contents or challenges is one of this year's goals and I haven't done very well on that yet.

Don't  know why but the initial enthusiasm diminished after I got it started even though I just love reds.  Since I haven't felt productive while working on the seascape piece thought I would try to finish this one.

This is a piece of heavily gessoed paper - on both sides to help prevent buckling.  Anyway the flowers on this one came out in a more watercolor type finish.  Don't know why but can't seem to paint two pictures the same in a row.  Anyone else have that issue and did you find a solution?

thanks much for stopping by and hope you have a super week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is beautifully painted Nelvia. It almost looks like a photo...nice work, my friend! Now that the perfect weather is coming, it makes it harder to paint unless we paint outdoors which I won't until it gets really warm..lol I look forward to seeing your next piece! I wish I painted as fast as you...lol
I really like the simplicity of this piece and the flowing black lines are super. I think not being able to paint two pictures the same is a bonus - shows creativity and originality - if you want 2 the same make a print - lol. That gardening bit can make you hurt - take care Nelvia.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo