Little Star acrylic child portrait in nebula

                                                                 Little Star
                                                                  12"x9"
                                                                 Acrylic
Well my experiment is complete, I think.  I guess my head was more organized around it than I thought as it went pretty quickly once I started.  Let it sit overnight to see how I felt about it this morning and only had to add some additional things this morning, more stars and some highlights, and called it done.  Just really don't want to fuss with the things that I see wrong with it as it would only create more issues.  Rather go on and try another on as I think I really need the additional practice on the portraits themselves.  Overall though I am really happy with the nebula and I do like the colors and how the stars just seem to swirl around her.  I don't think she looks stuck on and that is really what I was looking for, trying to incorporate her into the stars, not on top of them.  What is your thought on whether or not I achieved that goal?

Thanks much for taking a look

Comments

Sheila said…
Well done! I think it is a complete success Nelvia :) The soft edges really help to integrate her into the nebula, all seems to be one. The light and details, the shapes in the background... terrific!
hmuxo said…
Wow...Nelvia! Very nicely finished. Beautiful work on her face.....your experiment is a success!!!!
This is just fabulous Nelvia! The eyes are my favorite part - but the I always like the eyes you paint. I wonder if having a bit more of the blue show through her face would give her a bit more of that 'in' the sky look. Also, I am not sure I agree that you need more practice with portraits - she is super!
Joan Tavolott said…
Wonderful job! This is definitely a success. I love the nebula and how she blends in. Her eyes are mesmerizing!!! Well done!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo