Tiger Grande WIP

Well  I pretty much have the one panel blocked in, at least enough now to see where I am going.  Probably will go ahead and work on blocking in the second and third panels too so that I can get it to the same stage and then overwork the final coats together so it is more uniform.

Lots of changing going on with this big guy as I work through it.  I lost my drawing, so am just guesstimating where things are placed.  Also I am switching it up with the brushes trying to find the one now that can give me the final fur textures I am looking for.

I think I forgot to tell you that for me this is a pretty huge piece.  Total size will be about 24"x23".   That's one big cat.

It shocks me every time I look at it.  I knew it was going to be large, but man, I sure didn't realize it was going to be this large.

 When I get the other side in it might equalize it.  I know many people who work extra large, this really isn't large compared to many, and I wonder if they have to get adjusted to looking at something larger than life.  But I got to say I bet when this hangs on the wall you aren't going to miss it.

The panel I am working on now is 12"x16", the second was that as well, before I cut out part of it.  That smaller part will appear on our top right, giving the left ear a place to show up.

I just keep working the right eye, in the reference it is all shadow.  That isn't exactly what I want, ito me has to have some life to it, so keep adjusting it.  Once I get it the way I want then will go ahead and adjust the left eye to match.  I also got to keep working on that nose, I am not happy with it either, think it is way too thin.  Might have to back my reference photo down and just look at the overall cat and then make adjustments.

thanks for stopping by

Comments

hmuxo said…
This is truly beautiful Nelvia!! I look forward to your next post. !!!!
This is looking pretty good, Nelvia and I am sure that you will get all the pieces put together for the finale. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo