Tiger WIP

Well for the foreseeable future life is just going to get in the way.  Got a lot of other painting projects, unfortunately not the kind that you do in the art room.  But necessary to do that too as when completed it looks so fresh and clean.  Just what is needed to perk up these long gray drizzly days that we are not getting.

Was able to tell myself it is ok to take today and work a bit in the studio for a couple of hours on this big boy.  Am continuing to work on getting things blocked in.  It just takes longer than I think it will.  I am continuing to work with different brushes to see if I can get the kind of strokes that I want to on the finishing layers.  Haven't found just the right combination yet.  But I am hopeful that over the weekend I can get the remainder of the block-in done.

I am uncertain on how to best place the last piece, horizontal or vertical  What do you think guys?  I think I am almost leaning towards the horizontal as it will pick up the ear and some greenery.  But then I like the way the vertical sort of balances better the open portion at the bottom left.  Hmmmm, guess that is why it need to sit on the board for a bit.














You can see on this picture a bit better the blue coming through the background, that is how it will hang on the wall, with about 1/2"-1" between them.   I think Nancy might have done a larger space but not sure that it won't look really disjointed if I put them too far apart.

thanks for stopping by to take a look.

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
I am trying to visualize it each way. Each will have a completely different look to it. I think you should continue to look at it before you make a decision.
Sheila said…
I like them both, for the reasons you mention. But I think, maybe the vertical will pick up more greenery? I do like the balance of that one as well. Enjoy getting the the "fresh". :)
I wonder if you used a bigger piece of board for that final corner then you wouldn't have an even edge at all. I find both the horizontal and the vertical bother me with the size you are planning right now. This is such an interesting study - good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo