ACEOs










I know I keep waxing poetic about ATC/ACEOs, but here I am again
with the ones I just finished.  You can see that the techniques are
very different in these two.

The Lady I wanted to see if you could do wrinkles without using lines to show them.  Also in this one I used a piece of card stock that I  had gotten to cut and use as frames for these minis.  Surprisingly it handled the wet media pretty well.   I do tape these down and once they are dry I put them for several hours between two pieces of glass to try to imprint them so they won't curl or roll up.

The lion was a bit of fun too,  also on card stock.  I had done him several ways and then came back and put some color and finishing touches on top of the original base.

Also, because we are working small I thought I would show you the brushes that I used for these two.  Actually I use small brushes most of the time, even on big pictures.  I know, it's just my desire for control, but I really can't wield the big brushes.  The use of different brushes also is one thing that I like about experimenting on the ACEOs.  As they say you got to paint 10,000 miles and this does give you practice.   Going to change up the paper tomorrow or the next day and try something I saw on Lachri's YouTube channel, might finally find a  use for the Yupo I foolishly bought - or only foolish because I haven't figured out how to work on it.

Thanks much for stopping by.

Comments

Helen said…
The old woman is stunning... really really nice... the black hair that has aged in color and texture... the skin with all its wrinkles of wisdom... the beauty of her expression and thoughtfulness...
Really? That's just on a tiny piece of paper??? Wow! You should do it again on a 12"x 12"
Sheila said…
These are both so beautiful Nelvia :) I love the tones and expression in the lion. And he woman is just stunning. Well done :)
hmuxo said…
I'm so impressed with the details you do in such a small format Nelvia!!! You have a lot of patience to do this beautiful work. LOVE the Lady.....!!
These are both just great Nelvia! The expressions are wonderful and the wrinkles on the lady are perfect. I am surprised that the card stock worked so well - good luck with the Yupo for the next ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo