Today's Entertainment Oriental Collage

Well actually this was yesterday's entertainment as well, and I finished it up this morning.  I am definitely going to do some painting today and give my poor brain a rest.  Yes, I thought the same things, what is so hard about finding, tearing, cutting and gluing?   Well got to tell you if makes my brain ache after a while.  As I said I don't have lots to choose from, so finding something that might possibly go together, well ... Once I find some images then it is trying to get them down with creases. Tried putting this one on mat board and it tends to bend as it dries.  So next time am going back to paper.

The more I watch, the more I understand why so many collage artists do abstracts.  I also didn't follow the golden rule on the top illustration as you are only supposed to use about 40% of an image. Think I got away with that on the statute because I overpainted there.   It came out brighter than I really wanted, but my liquid gold leaf dried up and I needed it to stand out from the background.

So, the jury is out, I do like the women, and am going back to work on them.   But, it kept me from going stir crazy with all the gray and rain.  Some parts of the country really got socked with huge amounts of rain.  We have been very fortunate, but boy do I ever have LONG, GREEN grass - guess what I am doing this afternoon.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

I hope the grass is dry enough to cut - that is always a challenge after a lot of rain. I like this piece! I am not sure what all is represented but it really appeals to me for the colour combo and the layout. It may not be what you were aiming for but it works for me. Great job Nelvia!
Nelvia said…
I haven't figured out yet how to have a plan. Only know that I liked the colors too.
Joan Tavolott said…
I like the elements of this. My head would hurt looking for things that would go together too. Painting is MUCH easier.
Sheila said…
WOW, had to take this in for a while. The background is, well there is a lot of depth there. I always want to do collage, seems so fun. And I looked through a book in Barnes and Noble, years ago, that really made me interested. I don't remember the book, or the artists' name, but her work was stunning.
This has a very rich feel to it Nelvia :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo