God Will Provide mixed media collage

God Will Provide
Albert Einstein Portrait
Collage

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Not sure, but maybe I have a bit of ADD in me because I always have to try new things.  I found a lady on Instagram, deborahshapiroart.com, who is a collage genius, who has inspired me to look  more into this art form.  Spent a few days in the mountains and came back refreshed and raring to go. Made a stop to YouTube to find a couple of beginner collages to get an idea on just how to start.

Ok, answer to the question is why would you choose Albert Einstein?  Well you have to go with what ya got.  Threw out so many books and magazines before we moved that I didn't have a whole lot to choose from.  So hence, you go with what ya got.  Next answer is why the title?  Well if you look at the name of the boat on the left, it is "God will Provide", even though you really can't read it well.  And we always need to have at least one genius in every generation to help us all get to tomorrow.

This is actually done on a Smithsonian magazine cover and the only thing that is original to that cover is the top part of the head.  I gessoed the entire cover except for the colorful head, then painted really juicy black watercolor over the gesso and drizzled with alcohol.  (not my martini vodka kind of alcohol) The lightbulb, boats, bottom of the face and header are all object/images I cut out of the magazine and decopodged on.   Then I used solid marker to add the dots to the head and lightbulb.

So this is one technique, and definitely am going to continue to try more of these.  Might even go for a ATC to try some of the ways you can go after this.

Thanks for taking a look and stopping by.  

Comments

Joan Tavolott said…
Looks like a fun process and nice result. Will look forward to what else you collage.
I really don't get collage art. I have tried it a few times and just end up frustrated so this is one medium that is not for me. I applaud your drive to experiment though Nelvia and look forward to what else you create.
Nelvia said…
It seems like it should be pretty simple on paper, but man, I am finding that truly is not the case.
Nelvia said…
Will be interesting as each time whatever it starts as, it doesn't end that way
Sheila said…
Very graphic, nice work!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo