Stream Bed watercolor

Stream Bed
Watercolor
Well, not sure but I think that this watercolor attempt is complete and about as good as I am capable of doing it.  I guess one of the appeals of the watercolor is that it tends to be very light.  This has had quite a few layers on it and still is light.  

However, it is difficult for me to determine just what color water is, if you don't want it muddy, but clear like you would find in an undisturbed mountain stream.   No, those aren't fish swimming around in there, but leaves floating on the surface with the shadow below.  Not exactly sure I got that technique down or just how dark the shadows really should be.  Was quite difficult to find a reference that showed rocks in something other than a dry bed and nothing with something floating on the surface, actually looking down into the water.  I do know that the farther away the shadow is from the leaf makes the water look deeper.

Not sure I will keep trying the watercolor as I don't think it is my medium, but it was fun to give it a go.

Thanks much for taking a look.

Comments

A super job Nelvia on a very difficult subject. It is always interesting to go outside our comfort zone and try something new but I think most of us still with our favourties. Have a great day.
Sheila said…
I think this is great. I remember creeks so clear :) And you could keep building layers if you wanted to. Water is hard, and you are inspiring to make the attempt Nelvia :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo