The Flower Garden II

In The Garden II
Acrylic
Well, wanted to see if I could do a sequel to the first impressionistic painting I did.  This is another lady in vintage clothing.  I really worked harder on this one, actually painted over her several times.  Had a sky that I changed up to make a rock wall.  I felt it was way too dark so had sever goes at getting it lighter.  Also really had to fight the urge to tighten up.  But I think I got there in the end and hoping that after I do a few more of these I will more naturally get looser.  

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Helen said…
Really, really good! I love the lines of the yellow dress.
Another lovely painting Nelvia. I think you have done a great job on the impressionistic style with these two paintings.
Sheila said…
Another wonder! It almost looks like a hand colored photo. She is wonderful, the flowers, and the wall is perfect I think. Your efforts paid off Nelvia!!
Nelvia said…
I really am liking working the folds, now if only I could design real dresses hmmmm
Nelvia said…
I like the looseness but still can’t stifle the want to get into details. These would look nice hanging together I think
Nelvia said…
Funny you should mention hand colored as that is what the next one is going to be. That is one thing I really like about acrylics, you can change and redo, so much faster than oil

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo