All That Jazz acrylic figure study

All That Jazz
Well we are gearing up for another 5-6 days of gray wet weather, another 3-4" of rain, and since we are saturated am sure there will be flooding.  It has been absolutely crazy this year, all this rain every couple of days and the very cold temperatures.  Seems like we are just in a weather pattern rut and it does the same thing every week.  Hubby gave me the sad news that they are saying now through March, colder/wetter than normal.  Then I am sure come end of March we will go directly to 90+ probably with no rain.  Grrr, what happened to the nice weather?

Anyway, this is another of my figure studies.  I changed it up giving the girl a dancing cane, tap shoes and took off some horrific looking wings.  I then decided I wanted to try something very different for a background, and hence the piano keys mixed with music.  Kind of like the graphic effect against the curves of the figure.   But not really certain it isn't a little too busy.  Anyway, downloaded a bunch more of these figures and have to come up with some more background ideas as they mostly have very plain and basic background.

Gearing up for the new year now.   Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

Helen said…
No... not too much graphics. No... not too busy. Perfect!
This is super Nelvia. I don't think it is too busy although the cane blends in to the bottom piano and is a bit hard to see. I wonder if the girl's neck is a bit too thick - just something there bothers me. As for the weather - all we can do is hope for the best and put up with what we get. Have a great day!
Sheila said…
Oh how I wish we could have a little of your wet. Just a little. LOL. We have been waiting, and waiting.
I think the graphics are fine. Goes with the title, and the song. But if you still think it is too busy, I think removing the bottom section would do it. that would also allow the cane to be more easily seen. The angle of the top graphic is bold and definitive. And sort of suggest a chorus line.
But I love it Nelvia. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo