Samuari acrylic figure study

Samuari
                   HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! - may 2019 bring us all a super artistic year

Wow, just one more day to this year and then it is all over but the shouting.   I just can't believe this is true.  You think you make good use of your time and then ....  well, maybe I don't push as hard as I did, but I do try to enjoy every moment.

This is another figure study using from daily sketch site.  For some reason I really haven't done many men.  This guy was so built and had this really square jaw.  I tried to convert a black model into having more of an Oriental look, but not really sure that I accomplished that.  I was having problems finding what Japanese skin color really looks like, and then it dawned on me that it really depends on what the light is.   I know there is a lot of yellow cast in their skin, but it just didn't look right.

Anyway, I like the pose of this figure and set about to try to find something I could put along with the figure.  As I said before they come with really plain backgrounds.  I did the shield, or whatever it is, using a sponge.  Thank you Art Sherpa because who knew you could get really good wood grain from a sponge.  Then I found the 7 virtues of samurai and tried the best I could to do that calligraphy.    Alas printing and lettering isn't my best skill.  I actually ended up using a brush pen to do that rather than a brush.  

Thanks much for stopping by and hope you have a Happy New Year!!

Comments

Sheila said…
OK, I want a demo on how you did the wood. Interesting. And your lettering looks awesome. May not be entirely correct, but I certainly wouldn't know it. LOL. :) Every part of this is awesome Nelvia!!
What a great piece to end the year ! This is wonderful Nelvia although his eyes are bothering me a bit - something there seems off. I think the skin tone looks great and the whole composition works really well. Best wishes for a happy and creative 2019.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo