In The Spot Light acrylic portrait

In The Spot Light
In The Spot Light
You might wonder what the deal is with these unusual titles.   I am working through another year-long challenge by the Art Sherpa.  I figure since I am doing both lessons and pictures inspired by my online lessons I could couple it with word prompts for the inspired pictures on her site.  It is an additional FB group that all are working from similar things and it is always a learning/inspiring thing to see what other are doing and why.  Even though there are landscapes and other subjects I am kind of building a collection with my portraits using various techniques that I am learning in my online course.

This isn't exactly what I saw in my imagination.  What's with the circle?  Well, this was inspired by my friend Rita, on IG @ritaquatrinivaselli, who is currently working digitally with an app, where she can really utilize her creativity.   She showed a post where there were square color blocks across the face, and well, it looked pretty neat.  I was going to try it with collage, I did up the strips, but didn't really like the way it came together.   

I decided initially that I wanted to do a colorful face, and was going to try to do it more in the version you see on the right background.   But, gosh my mind goes it's own direction, and this is what came off the paper.  I combined new colors for the facial tones and before I knew it I was really hooked on this image.   I don't know what I find so appealing about it, but for me it really works.

So, since I didn't use my collage pieces, what's a girl to do?  Well, I kind of cheated and put in the circle, (was thinking of a bullseye)  my version of a spotlight or where the spotlight would hit - you can see that portion is lighter.  Ok, as I thought about it I liked the idea of a bullseye, so did it.   Which do you prefer CIRCLE or BULLSEYE?
      Oh yeah, I can change back to the circle as I put them on with pastel - so can just erase if 
      I want to simplify.

Thanks much for stopping by and taking a look.

Comments

You are just a going concern with the classes you are taking - wow! I am not sure about either of the circles but which ever you end up with they will certainly make the viewer stop and study the painting more - why is it there? what is the meaning? - so many questions! Nice work Nelvia!
Joan Tavolott said…
The circles are an unusual touch! I like the skin tones you used and the colors in her hair. Well cone!
Sheila said…
Beautiful work Nelvia. :) I checked out the link. Lots of interesting there :) I think circle. To me, I think SHE is looking at what is in the spotlight. I agree with Val though, either will pull you in :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait