Think this will be it for my weekend work on my bull dog.  Have basketball and Super Bowl games this afternoon and have to get ready for my busy week to come. 
Today's progress began laying in the top of the head, don't want it to get too dark as that is where the most light is hitting, but need some color to indicate the fur texture.  Also started roughing out the jowl lines.  I think I will do the eye last to try to keep my head in it.  My favorite parts are the eyes, nose and mouth area as that is the expression and alive areas, and the rest just feels like filler.  So will try to save that and the final lip/muzzle area as the treat for finishing the rest of the fur areas.  Got lots of loose skin ripples that I will need to indicate and lots of dark areas, so that should keep it interesting.
Thank you for watching this come together and have a great painting week.

Comments

renate said…
Hai Nelvia:) This is amazing already! Your feeling for the details like fur and light are very good. You are so on the right way! Have a great week!
Wow,This is coming along wonderful!!
Caroline
Alexander said…
wonderful especially the reflecting eye. keep it up. a great picture

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo