Morning, still Spring here this morning, everything is confused from the trees starting to leaf out to the birds gathering to go North.  It is so warm most everywhere in the US that when we get another cold blast we are going to lose a lot of plants and animals.  So weekend forecast is another foggy, rainy couple of days - but it is Super Bowl weekend so party!!
This has been a busy week so not a whole lot of progress, but I am pretty excited, so thought I'd post this morning and then again tomorrow night and then I know next week, based on my schedule, won't be a lot of progress.  Sexy has really wanted to come down on paper this week, so we've gotten along a lot better.
What you see is mostly colored pencil with a little pastel smoothed over; bit surprised at how well they seem to work well together.  The waxiness of the pencil, I guess, creates the binder for the pastel as it doesn't seem to be dropping dust like a normal pastel painting.
I am pretty surprised at how well the Bristol board is working out.  I think I am getting a lot of texture, which surprises me, on this super smooth surface.
This represents about probably a total of 3-4 hours of during the week stolen moments, so when I get a chance to play it goes pretty fast.
If you asked how I was doing it, I guess I'd have to say I am just feeling my way.  Once I read this comment from a really well known animal artist "you have to feel the animal" so hope that is working.

Comments

renate said…
Hello Nelvia:) I'll be honest with you: I've cursed. After I saw the progress on the dog. So I can blame you for it:)
And honest again: I'm speechless.....
renate said…
Hello it's me again. I also like that little stripe on the white paper:)
Nelvia said…
Hey there happy weekend, cursing are you - I would guess you zeroed in on the true artistic genius, the black mark :)
renate said…
Yes; I already framed it! Have a nice sunday and your work is stunning and amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo