I think he is saying the title "I know you are there"
Yippee, finally I am done and on paper - sure took her long enough to make me come alive. 
I think I am pretty much completed and I am grateful, this was quite a challenge; think I've learned to do more luminescent eyes, a fur technique and whiskers.  Had lot of scary moments, but he is done and I am amazed at what he looks like - didn't know I had that inside of me. 
After 39 pencils, white gelly roll, black gel pens and a couple of pastel colors he looks pretty much like I imagine.
I remember reading something one of the best wildlife artists said, "It is important to feel the animal, be the animal"  I have that taped to my drawing table, my husband just laughs, but I believe there is something to it. Well I felt this one. 
Am going to let him hang around for a while and maybe putter on him, still need to do some spraying on the background for the wax bloom, then he is definitely going to get framed and proudly hung.
But as of this moment I am going to more forward with the next project.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
Finally, dear Nelvia, you tamed the tiger!Brava!
A masterpiece !... You suffered but you won!
Have nice week!Rita.
He is wonderful..you should be very proud.Love those eyes...
Caroline
renate said…
Nelvia this is really an amazing painting! I'm so glad you went on with it. The result is beautiful. A real "fire place painting"! Congratulations my friendxxx

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo