Thank you so much for Renate, Rita and Danielle for your messages of support.  I took your advice, while I must admist I tinkered somewhat, but tried to stay away and regain objectivity.  The world didn't really end, it just felt like it did.  I will put in the final portion of the muzzle and then adjust again, ry to do the final touches with black and white pens.  To date I have worked with pastel and color pencil to try to adjust the situation, haven't gone to adding gouache yet - but still an option.  I guess the good news is at this point I don't totally hate him.  Hoping when I get the rest of his muzzle in that will be such a focal point you won't linger on the mange - oh one can only hope.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week painting.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
It is so alive! But I also understand
the hate .... artistic!Have nice days.
Hugs! Rita
renate said…
Hey Nelvia:) I can see you become a bit calmer then the last time you spoke:):) looking at the tiger I still can't see a problem. As you said, you always can use gouach to correct some things. But for now: it's the most beautiful tiger I have ever seen! And the eyes are my favorite part. Maybe the tiger works intentionally against you! He doesn't want you to farewell on him:) That's it!
Have a nice painting week for you too! Big hugs:)xxx
Sharon Whitley said…
Hello Nelvia - I recognise that photograph and was there when the photo was taken! Don't give up on this it's going to be a stunner and is worth persevering with x
Nelvia said…
Hey Sharon, good to hear from you, wow you were there? This is an excellent photo and there are several more that have my hands itching. Thanks for the encouragement
Alexander said…
very impressive and realistic. drawing hair is always a fight i guess but most realistic are definetly the eyes

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait