Well I think I made some good progress today on this leopard.  Decided to do a background this time and wanted it soft and only an impression, will add more recognizable grasses in the foreground.  Since this is the Africian velt it is pretty sparse of vegetation. 
Used pastels for the background and am doing the cat in pencil.  This hind quarter is going pretty fast since it is not as focused as the face and front paws will be so I am not really having to show hair texture, but trying to get the coloration.  The mid portion of haunches will probably show some texture but once I get to the head then I need to really draw it more in focus for the face and particularly front paw.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
How beautiful it is to see the work start from the eyes! Now leopard comes out like a magic,at me,while I'm watching ! Have a good weekend, dear Nelvia,so distant but close to my heart!
Je heb een mooie achtergrond gemaakt ik ben heel benieuwt naar je vorderingen tot volgend jaar lieve groetjes Danielle
renate said…
Dear Nelvia:) That tail is lovely. The difference in light and dark is perfect. You are going in the right direction. So beautiful with the eyes already done. I can't keep my eyes of the eyes:) Is it possible to make a close-up photo of the eyes?
Wish you a lovely last day of this year. Big hug:)xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo