Well she has taken me three days of drawing to get to this point.  In my work up I draw her pretty detailed in the sketch book, the I transfer to the tracing paper, making corrections after each time.  Then she goes onto the the final support and working with acetate now to try to keep this paper clean, it seems to pick up a lot of stuff. 
Ok, after our call Renate, I had to kick it into motion, get over the fear of the white paper and starting.  So here we go, got my eyes in, they always get me started and then will work from the tip of the tail down.  Since this is paper and not Bristol Board, even on the smooth side it takes the pencil differently, so guess I am going to figure out a new fur technique.  Good thing I am starting at the tail so hope to figure it out as I get closer and into more detail.
I think before I get too far into this I am going to add in some very light background, and think I am going to do it in pastel. This paper is a light golden beige/yellow, so I am going to add a little terracotta and some grays, keeping it very simple so the focus is on the cat. She is a beauty and truly a portrait of power and grace. 
Sorry this shot may not be so good, but we had severe storms yesterday and now the cold is coming in, winds of 20-30 mph so didn't want to venture out onto the porch to try to take a shot in the murky light. 
This is the last night of Christmas vacation before back to the work until Friday - which is only a couple of days away.  Whopee. 
Thank you Renate for one of the best Christmas presents!!!  Still so excited bet I don't sleep tonight. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

renate said…
Hello Nelvia:) It was also the best for me this Christmas. I am still enjoy:) I'm so glad the conversation gave you a push and you went on with your leopard. Your approach is very good and well reflected. Oh and the eyes. Again like the Tiger so beautiful and real! The tip of the tail is done, now the rest of the beautiful animal. Oh, this is a beauty. I don't know what there is with me; I can't stop smiling:):)
Rita Vaselli said…
Great work! I'm waiting for work in progress,my dear friend!
(Skype is great for communicate...my problem is my non-fluent english! I'm reading english easy,I write english somehow, but I speak very little english!)
Have nice days!!!Rita.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo