New toy, didn't get a lot done this weekend art wise but am trying something new, Zentangle.  Of course it's been hot for many years now, but in my typical way I have just come across it and think I'd like to keep playing with it, keeps the eye hand coordination going.  Usually done in just black and white thought I'd add color using the pens that I had on hand and silver and gold Shaprie.  Did it randomly and then cropped and turned it to this view.  Am still working on creating motion and yes it is a lot for the eye, but do feel like I have some dimensionality.  I don't think that anyone in modern art needs to be concerned, but it was fun and quick.
Hope everyone has a good painting week, and thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
Dear Nelvia Zentangle this should be fun!
Colors make your work very interesting!
Without knowing it, I spent school years listening to the lessons & doing zentangle!
This work relaxes and can consume a lot of pens!
I used inexpensive pen BIRO and then my hands were always stained!
Good times!
Have a good week, nice in life and art! Warm Hugs, Rita.
hmuxo said…
This is a beautiful piece, Nelvia! It looks very challenging but you did a wonderful job.!!!
Alexander said…
Looks very meditative. Interesting, what kind of mediums do you use there? Paper and felt pen or is is it something else? rgds A
Nelvia said…
Really different, a modern abstract for the traditionalist me. :)
Nelvia said…
Hey there, this is a combination of pen, Sharpies and down the road intend to try alcohol markers and color pencil.
Nelvia said…
Darn locked me out. You are so much more savvy then me computer wise, can you think of any reason why after all this time Renate can't get my emails, but I get hers and others? Frustrating.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo