Right now am thinking that I have taken on more than I can deliver with this bird.  I just don't have a clue right now how to do the feather work.  Am trying a couple of things but am getting no where fast and not having it turn out at all what I want or what the reference shows.  Right now I wish I was working in a non-transparent media where I could just lay it in and then put opaque on top, but unfortunately I am not.  Know there has to be a way.  I am having to layer in dark underneath and then come back with white gel pen and put in the feather work and then layer with color pencil and highlight with a bit of pastel.  Think it is time to go watch the games and/or sit on the porch and think about how to possibly make this happen.  Definitely not giving up yet, but just stumped.
Hope all had a wonderful Easter Sunday and hope that you have a great week to come. Paint well and joyfully all.  Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
Happy Easter, dear Nelvia!
I wish you happy painting ... it seems to me that the work is very nice, but I do not know the problems of this technique, so ....watching what you doing I always feel everything nice.
Big hugs, Rita.
Relax ...it is looking great!!! You will figure it out!
Happy Easter and happy painting.
Caroline
Alexander said…
Happy Easter! Well he is still looking for some meat lol.
hmuxo said…
It's coming along beautifully, Nelvia!!! Don't give up...He's wonderful!!
Nelvia said…
Hey my dear thanks for stopping by, hope you have recovered you energy. I have taken pictures and asked for colored pencil experts to give me some ideas, but am thinking that I will have to tone and then build back the feather structure and shapes. Hugs back at you
Nelvia said…
Hi C, how is the weather up there, still winter? Think I just underestimated what this requires, but will keep at it, know I will learn much.
Nelvia said…
I think he does look kind of fierce and wouldn't want to be at the end of his dive - couldn't be good.
Nelvia said…
Thanks for the encouragement Hilda, hoping I can figure this out, won't quit unless I royally mess it up. Take care
renate said…
Dear Nelvia:) I don't want to scare you, but I have had an hart attack last monday. Right now I'm in the hospital.
With a little luck I will be home friday. I hope to talk with you saturday on skype. Miss you a lot. I'm doing fine at this moment! Big kisses:)xxx
maria said…
great work nelvia
greetings maria

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo