Think this is going to be it for today.  Been fiddling now as I was posting this for the last half hour.  Since we lost our hour last night it is already late and I still need to go out and kill weeds in the yard so I don't get yelled at by the association.  Then it is supposed to be nice enough to have a glass of wine on the porch.  Yes, life is back more to normal and it is good!!
As you can see around the middle koi, here is a perfect example of how you can pull color off this canvas.  You just can't do that, or I can't, on paper without ruining the surface.  Of course it would have to be the orange red over the white fish - just how does that always happen?  But I should be able to cover it with water color.  Did the adjustment as I wanted to bend the fish body to be a more obvious curve and not make it look like the white koi, the star of the show, is in a complete straight line with the mid one.  Have only two koi to put in now, and that is the white one and then there is one in the left corner that leads the eye into the picture or stops the eye from exiting the picture.  Then you could be in a constant circle of motion.  Have decided to make the light yellow fish on the left have more color so the white one is more obvious, but am going to hold off until I get the white one in, maybe it will look ok and then I won't have two bookends of yellow on each side of the picture.  Am going to have to lift and glaze more water colors for variety and interest as well.  Not hating it as much as I did, and am definitely going to have to use dry brush to pop color on this canvas otherwise it just eats up the color.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great painting week.

Comments

Alexander said…
wow another one, i cant stop staring at. :)
Rita Vaselli said…
Dear Nelvia I missed this post. Maybe I could not distinguish the change in the icon. Bad thing not to see the little things well, such as icons of bloggers!
Congratulations on your perseverance on everything. I always work on things that do not tolerate so many changes, so if it goes wrong ... change topic and I have no regrets. I'm very curious how it will finish your work on Koi ... Although in the end, everything is perfect, from you!Hugs,Rita.
Nelvia said…
Hey A thanks for comment. Always glad to keep you intrigued. Hope to get back on stream as things settle down.
Nelvia said…
Glad you are greeting my mail, Renate isn't, not sure why. Had to adjust my settings here as I was getting hits from sites I sure didn't want on my site.
renate said…
I love it! I love it!! This one is beautiful too. The yellow fish are so wonderful. So a life and very exciting to look at.
I don't understand what is going on with our mail. It seems you don't get mine and I don't get yours.
I was so worried about the silence between us. I will send you an e-mail tommorow (thursday).
Nelvia said…
Whew am sure Rita will send you note to as I asked her to let you know you weren't receiving, not sure it is on my side or yours, I got you mail, but you aren't getting mine. Both Alexander and Rita are so can't figure out why you are blocked.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo