Courageous Update

Well this hat is turning out to be a pain. but good thing is there is no definite pattern.  It just takes many layers and I still will have to go over it really good with the graphite to tone it down.  But I feel like I am getting closer to the finish line and I am ready.  Already have seen something that "speaks to me" so it will be my next project.  It is helping to stay busy and let my mind dwell on other things.

I always see things that I want to correct and I don't like that glob of shadow in the lower cheek area,  I don't see it in real life.  For the final post I will try to do a scan and see if that gives me a better texture between the graphite and the color pencil.

After I get done with the tedious hat (I really liked it when I first saw it) I am going to just give the faintest indication of the sweater. Hoping to get this down to the Art Center next week, but still have to get the mat and frame it.  I am not a huge fan of framing - ugh!!  I am hoping that they will tell me if they feel there is a problem, but I sure hope it makes it to the auction as I really love the pose.  I am pretty happy with the way the ear and back of the head came together, it really doesn't read overtly bald, I think you have to really look for that, and the focal point I think even with all the hat color is the front of the face.  She just has the sweetest expression.

Ah yes, the organization and decluttering hit a wall today but the food watch is still ongoing!!  Well one out of two ain't bad, is it?

Thanks much for stopping by and have a great weekend - Stay cool!!

Comments

It is looking wonderful Nelvia!!
hmuxo said…
It's so funny how sometimes we get inspired for another painting before we finish the one we're working on!!! lol She's coming along beautifully, Nelvia!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo