Pink - Portrait WIP

Here is my Pink portrait, I am guessing that most of you have figured out what it is going to be now that I have added the eye and the beak (we hope), at least it is a little clearer today.  I have been going back and forth between two paintings, this Flamingo and Jania most of the day and feel I made some progress on both.  However, I find that I tend to get all engrossed, then hunched over as I am really concentrating on what I am doing.  Then I end up with a crick in the neck and back, etc, well blah, blah on that.  But most importantly I got to tell you I don't know where the day goes, it's lunch then wosh, it is dinner. 
Have to tell you I never really realized what a funky eye a Flamingo really has, and also if you check the beak closely, when is black not really black.  I also thought they had a smooth hooked beak, but upon closer inspection, it is actually gooved on the sides.  Can't wait to get into the delicious colors.  Learned today that the Flamingo is the oldest known water bird, found in fossils way back.  Also the color of the beak, legs and feathers is directly affected by what they eat.  These references I have are from the flock at the Birminham Zoo for color and for form, Lynton Bolton from PMP.
Well I have to admit that when I run I think of some of the most unusual things.  Today, it was what types of pictures do you suggest putting in different rooms ... or do some subjects just tend to go in certain rooms.  One of the things I've learned in my year of exploration is that I tend to paint all subjects as a portrait.  I know duh!! If you have watched this blog you have seen plenty of portraits.  But I have shied away from some things, like landscapes, because I don't do them well, but maybe what I have to do is do the portrait of the rock, falls, river, etc.  For me a portrait means I am capturing the essence of the thing I am looing at, so it could be a landscape as well as a person or animal - maybe it is time for a mental change in how I think of things.
Well back to  my thoughts on subjects and which rooms of the house should they go in.  Right now I am tending to do a few birds (have on my list an Osprey, Flamingo and an Egret scratchboard) and thought, for whaever reason, especially the water birds, well I think of them as great pictures for the bathroom.  I have my huge Egret over my bathtub and the smaller Egret in my guest bath - must be the water connection I guess, but somehow for me that seems right.  I was wondering if you could market pictures based on rooms and or colors that might match rooms.  Hmmmm... any one have any thoughts on that?


Comments

Jane said…
I see that like me you have a lot of paintings going at the same time , the flamingo near the lake is stunning, wow, what a great light !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo