Jania and Pink WIP


Well it was a yet another cloudy day, but supposed to be a good chance to rain - NOT - they were wrong one more time.  Don't get how they can so consistently be wrong, but ... no rain for my garden and grass.   However it was a good day to do some house cleaning and start to work more on my pictures. 
Adding more color to Jania, not sure if I will leave it as is or if I will put more graphite over it, side that is colored right now is the shadow side.  Also started to put in the hair, I think I need to get those darker shades in to determine what I want to do colorwise on the complexion.  She looks a little ghostly right now.  Got her hanging on the board so that I can study her up as I sure don't want to lose her now.
Also started my flamingo and got the background in.  Used pencils that weren't as waxy as I would like and also tried some Mona Lisa Odorless paint thinner and it handles differently than what I was using, odorless turp.  Was disappointed as it is clear and thought it would dry clear, but like the turp it leaves a yellow stain.  Drat.  Sure hope that pink likes to go over yellow, fingers crossed. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

Een mooi gezicgtje met een lieve lach en ben benieuwt naar je andere lieve groetjes Danielle
Nelvia said…
Hi Danielle, she does have the sweetest expression and so does her sister which is next on the list. But sister is tougher, especially in the eyes.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo