Courageous WIP

 
 
Well I am pretty sure I must have a fever because I have actually been organizing and throwing away clutter and decided to go back on a "food watch" aka diet, all on the same day!!!  It is amazing but I can actually see the back wall of my closet and finding things I forgot I had.  Just like Christmas.

Anyway I have gone two days now without any significant progress on this picture, worked over the face quite a bit and added more color, the transitions in real life are more delicate from the graphite to the color pencil.  Also have mapped out the hat texture and am going to really have to play up the shadow side graying down the greens as I don't want the green hat to overpower her face.  To be honest I think one of the reasons I have slowed down is I am now to the part of the image that I have made up.  I need to find myself some reference pics of shadowing.  Best get myself in gear though as I will need to get this turned in relatively quickly.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great week.

Comments

Jane said…
This is surely a painting that will take time, quite complicated it seems, but the final result will be stunning I'm sure, already is !
hmuxo said…
It's coming along beautifully, Nelvia! The shadows are very good on her face..
I have been organizing my house as well... I think I waited too long to do it.. very overwhelming! but needed to be done! Enjoy your day and glad you're taking your time with this painting...she's lovely!!!
Nelvia said…
Hi Jane, yes it has been intense and now that I finished the face it is hard to keep my head in it. Hate when that happens
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, she is coming and I am feeling better about her as I don't think anyone would feel like I am exploiting her. Too bad that org bug lasts such a short time. But it is a must to de clutter. Heard about a book Organizing for the Creative that talks about us right brainers

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo