Hands of the Potter


This is kind of a different piece for me.  Please excuse the cheesy mat, but I gave this to a dear friend of mine who had been asking me for years to do a picture of a potter forming clay.  This was a quick picture, gotten from Ognjen Karabegovic's photo at PMP.  It was such a lovely close up of the fingers and hands.  This was a 5"x7" piece, color pencil on black Artagain paper and done in a much looser style than I usually do.  These are part of some thank yous for people who were very supportive.  Actually I did make some changes, but didn't take another pic, I made the background apron feather up higher and got rid of the two black holes that are looking at ya.  Just forgot to get another picture update.

I like this image and might try to do it again in a larger format and maybe with acrylic.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great painting week.

Comments

Jane said…
I'm really impressed Nelvia, you are fabulous in painting details !
hmuxo said…
Excellent work, Nelvia. Hands are SO difficult to paint...You did a terrific job!!
Nelvia said…
Thanks much Jane. Just loved the lost edges in this
Nelvia said…
I thought boy if these hands could talk. What a talent to create something beautiful out of a lump of clay. Thanks Hilda for checking in

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo