Courageous 2 & Weaving Update

For better or worse I think I am on the path to go ahead and finish her in the original thought that I had.  I will have one additional opportunity, when I go to take the painting in to get someone else's opinion on whether or not this is going to be acceptable.  I do like however, this pose as I think it really suggests innocence, the burden of illness, but the desire to fight and win, so overall I think it is hopeful and it should pull someone's heart strings.    She seems to be pretty much coming out of the paper on her own without a lot of help from me and in my experience that means stand back and get out of the way. Still looking for your thoughts as I really don't want to offend any one with this.

Also just wanted to give an update on the weaving that I am doing.  This is my tv project when I don't want to be doing anything else and watching the tv is BORING.    It is a composite of photos from the Blueridge Parkway, one of my favorite places in the world.  I am liking the way it is coming together, the trees just slightly darker than the mountain range and what you can't really tell here is that the sky is a multicolor skein of yarn that combines hot pink, orange and a kind of golden color which I think gives nice interest to the sky but still reads this hot pink sunset.  I can't begin to tell you how many hours I have in this, but find that right now I need the immersion in art and the tedious repetitive motions in the weaving to help heal my heart.
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend (those Stateside) and thanks much for stopping by, have a great painting week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
She's coming along SO beautifully, Nelvia! You would never offend anyone with this amazing piece!! I love it so far and look forward to your next post...
and the Blue Ridge Mountains is one of my favorite places as well! You are so very talented my friend! I wouldn't even know how to begin weaving..lol ....NICE work!!
Nelvia said…
I have pretty much decided to complete her as I originally thought, the lack of hair will be subtle with the emphasis on her expression. If they are uncomfortable they won't use it. But I do view her as winning, not losing and these children humble us all by their fighting spirit.
I love the mountains and wish I could do better landscapes, but....alas. I am pretty pumped with how this weaving is coming along. It is simpler than the last one I did and think it will be more impactful. Of course I LOVE the hot pink color.
ik vind het prachtig alle twee lieve groetjes Danielle

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo