Jania WIP

A good friend has been gracious enough to allow me to try to capture portraits of her granddaughters.  There is always pressure when it is a real person, one that someone knows and has expectations for, so am hoping I do the girls justice.  She was also kind enough to let me post these as WIP as well.
Anyway, this beautiful little girl is the easiest of the two, at least from my viewpoint.   I think I pretty much have her, at least enough to put in the eyes and lips in color and then begin to work on the toning in graphite.  I felt initially I had gotten her looking older than her age, but think I have rectified that and gotten her age appropriate again.  Just the slightest tweaks can put the whole thing off.  
There will be color in this. I really am liking the subtle color look on my last two portraits, I quite like the softness and am lucky both these girls have beautiful color and long hair, so get to play with the brush and color pencil again.  I am trying to figure out how to do her hairpiece as I haven't attacked anything quite like it.  I kept the hairpieces in both of the crops I have of the reference shots so they can definitely go together.   If you have suggestions, bring them on please.  Yes, I chickened out and am doing them as two separate pictures instead on one, just don't have the confidence yet to pull off two people in one picture.
As I mentioned the other day I have about 11 pictures I want to do, so have gotten several of them drawn up and transferred to either canvas or paper, so am going to work on them kind of all at the same time.  So you might see several WIP as we go forward.  It be interesting to see how this works and if I can get into each picture or have to finish completely one before I move forward.  Of course the weaving awaits me downstairs to work on during tv watching.
 

Comments

Looks like you are off to a great start Nelvia.
I am looking forward to checking back in to see the progress.
Rita Vaselli said…
Nice Jania, grandma pride,...I hope you will paint a masterpiece with this sweet beautiful model !!! Wonderful start!!!
Have nice sunday!!!
hmuxo said…
I can see it's going to be beautiful already, Nelvia!! Wonderful start!!
Jane said…
I also think you got her, the eyes are superbly painted !
Nelvia said…
I Thanking you all I advance for hanging out with me on this, know you'll shout out if you see me going astray, especially you C. Grandmas pride is a good thing and Rita you have such lovely girls. I am excited about the progress today so hopefully an update tomorrow on Jania. Thanks Jane, I love when I get the eyes in, doesn't it feel much better when you have someone looking back at you?

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo