Wolf 1 WIP

Ok, here is the wolf, whose portrait I have already done in oil, and I am now trying to do in acrylic.  So many folks are doing such marvelous paintings with acrylic alone or in combination with other media that I thought I'd try again to see if I can get that individual hair look.
I started with one liner brush and acrylic slower, then tried varnish and gloss medium to thin and liquefy the acrylic but didn't like the chopped off hair look.  So now I changed to a #1 flat bristle and am working dry brush in layers trying to get the variegated colors that comprise this wolf's coat.  He has a lot of areas that are variegated white and black, not gray, but individualized white and black flecked fur. 
Not sure this is the best color photo but couldn't get outside as it is thundering, of course raining somewhere else, just not here.  But just shot this indoors and don't think it is all that good. 
Lots more to do here and will keep working over it, that is the good thing about acrylic, just cover it up until you get what you want.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Comments

This is looking really good. I like the ear especially and the eyes are great. It has been a long time since I did a wolf but I remember how difficult the fur was to do - good luck!
Jane said…
What I see here is really great Nelvia, the eyes are so incredible !

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo