Red Tail Hawk 4 WIP

First off thank you Val for telling me what your first reaction was, that I had lost the beak in the background coloring.  It just points out how important it is to have others give you meaningful critiques and input.  Studied on it for a while and while not sure if this will be the final, I think the beak does pop out more now that I've used a lighter value than what I had in previously.  I also think it may have made the strengthened the focal point more of the eye area because it picks up some of the eye color as well.

Also I bit the bullet and sprayed the pastel portion with workable fixative and am hoping that will keep it in place and not go flat on me, but ... we'll see.   The dark green also has been migrating and it has been difficult to keep the color pencil area clean as every time you move the board some of it floats down. 
Patience has never been one of the virtues I was blessed with and color pencil is tedious and slow at best.  Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all, but today in working the feather pattern it makes me edgy, so time to break it off and go watch golf at Chambers Bay.

One of the best things about posting as you go along is it really helps to define what needs to be enhanced or corrected.  Seems like you just keep adding the layers of color and hope it finally gets done.   No more today, fresh eyes tomorrow and hopefully some of the changes will start to fall in place.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.  Thanks again Val for speaking up!!


Comments

YES! Much better and the color does pick up the light in the eye. I am glad my words were helpful. I don't work in colored pencil as I am too impatient but I really admire people who use the medium. Keep the progress reports coming!

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo