Red Tail Hawk WIP

Ok, so what started as a bit of a rest and focus turned on other things, then getting really nasty sick, turned into a full out slump.  I just got where nothing interested me or jump started my motor to get into the art room.
So how great is our mind??  I think I have mentioned before I am a voracious reader, everything from Smithsonian magazines on politics, art, literature and science to James Patterson and Nora Roberts.  Yes I am a huge fan of Nora's I think she just writes an interesting read and I like that she does a series of books, so you learn about the characters.
So, you might ask, what does this have to do with this hawk?  Well, the book I am currently reading has hawks involved, and we have three different hawks that frequent our yard, two Shin and one Red Tail Hawk.  They are just magnificent creatures even though I know they chase my birds.  But I neither have the camera or ability to capture them in a photo that would be good enough for this kind of a reference.  Enter my Paint my Photo site, which has just moved to pmp-art.com, and is getting better than ever.  This beautiful shot is from Angela Calabrese and has gotten me at least motivated enough to spend a couple of hours working today singing along with Irish music on Pandora, also out of Nora's book as the setting is Ireland.
This is on 8"x10" beige mat board and I will be working it in color pencil and probably incorporating some graphite and pastel into it as well to try to achieve what I am hoping to get.  But boy, this is like running, when you stop it is painful to get back into the habit and stride and yes, my skills diminished when I wasn't using them every day.  Oh well, get back on the horse, as "they" say.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Comments

I know the books you are talking about as I am a Nora Roberts fan too. My problem is that reading her books doesn't encourage me to paint but to read the next book - lol.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo