Girl with a Pearl Earring WIP Masters Copy

Well I think I am getting getting pretty close to being complete on this painting.  Today I have spent a lot of time on the shadow side of the face trying to get it blended together.  Still a bit more work and refinement on the garment, some touch ups on the face I have to remember that it will be darker when the acrylic is fully dry in 2 weeks), more Blue glazes on the back of the turban and then several glazes on the black background.  In the original picture Vermeer actually used a green glaze made of indigo and welt over the grisaille background. 
I think I will hold both my digital original and my painting next to each other in the mirror and see if anything jumps out at me - there might still be some slight adjustment in the right hand side of the cheek area, I think it needs to come closer to the nose in spots, but it would be pretty subtle.
Time to watch some of the PGA golf tournament.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a great weekend.

Comments

hmuxo said…
Amazing work Nelvia! Very impressive!!!!!
renate said…
Hello Nelvia:) Why the WIP? She is so beautiful as she is. I know how much work you had with her and it payed all back. Love it! Hugs:)xxx
renate said…
Hello Nelvia:) Why the WIP? She is so beautiful as she is. I know how much work you had with her and it payed all back. Love it! Hugs:)xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo