Girl,with a Pearl Earring WIP Masters copy


Well an old master I am not, well maybe I qualify for the old part.  Am finally getting the base coats on the garment and the face tones.  I have been battling it out with her right-hand cheek and mouth areas, the nose, forehead and chin.  Whew, talk about one step forward and ten steps back.   Next project is going to be tried with the oils.  
 I am struggling as I can't get the skin tones smooth.  The acrylic wants to dry super fast today and I didn't add extender so, I am really going back and forth between the glazes and dead color coats.  Then it streaks, blobs and dries hard color in parts and white shows through in others.  I think I am too anxious and pulling color up that I just put down because the acrylic really isn't dry in the dead color parts.  Then I am ending up,with too much face color and have to overpaint to tone it down.  so I think I am glad it rained and cooled things down so I can try the porch for a bit and chill out and tomorrow is another day.  Just get away from it and maybe my objectivity may return.  
Thanks for stopping by and hope you are getting ready for TGIF.

Comments

hmuxo said…
What a difference when you toned down the shadows .... its really coming along beautifully Nelvia! I can imagine how difficult it is to work with paint that dries so quickly! Love it.
renate said…
Hello dear friend! I'm totally in love with her left eye. What a difference. Her face is so soft. The shadow on her cheek is beautifully. not so hard. And her coat also has a beautiful color. You're doing great sweetie!! You are a master and not old:) Fine weekend and hugs for both:) xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo