Venetian Mask WIP

Well here is the feather work that is part of this mask.  I am going to have to figure out how to use complementary colors to neutralize the right-hand side of feathers as that is the darker side.  So need darker, but still color - good trick.  
One of this year's goals was to work more from life and I found a neat little way that I think will help me do it.  Wetcanvas, under their Artwork from Life tab, and is also the fourth section once the page comes up, has a scavenger hunt every 9 days or so where they list 25 words and artists have to come up with a drawing from life for that word.  For instance one of the words was "live" so I drew my hummingbirds on their feeder, one word is "hot" so I drew a thermometer.  It is pretty cool to see how people interpret the words in different ways and also post their sketches.  It helps to validate that these are sketches, not finished works of art.  If it ever cools off maybe I will get out there in the plein air again.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Comments

hmuxo said…
It's coming along beautifully Nelvia! A series of these masks would be so nice!
Jo Castillo said…
Your detail and combination of media is beautiful. Love that you are sketching, too! See you around. (Hi, hmuxo!)

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo