Girl with a Pearl Earring WIP. - Masters copy



As you can see I have been steadily working on getting the grisaille completed and just have to put a few more darks into the trailing scarf and then to the mirror to critique.  Looking in the mirror the issues stand out, so I'll need to make any adjustments of lightening up shadows before I can begin to apply glazes.  Guess I will start with the turban to get the feel of glazing before I try the face.  Good thing is I believe I can continue to add white to adjust as I go forward with the glazing.  One of the places I,have been reading says that the old masters would do as many as 60 coats of glazing before the pictures were deemed complete.  
I have to say Youtube has been invaluable during this process and also this sis forcing me to learn more on color theory.  If you desire to do color charts check out Thomas Baker or Clive5Art
Many thinks to Renate who has stood strong during my meltdowns.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Comments

This piece is looking really good and I look forward to seeing the continuation -keep sharing
hmuxo said…
This is wonderful Nelvia!! I thought I already commented!!! She's beautiful and I look forward to your next post!
Nelvia said…
Thanks Val, this is another adventure.
Nelvia said…
Hi Hilda, you may have commented on the not completed grisaille, I am sorry as I am posting frequently on the progress on this one and it is slow going.
Helen said…
I love that strategy of looking in the mirror to see the flaws. I don't understand why, but it does work.
Helen

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo