Timeless

                                                                         Timeless
                                                                            2'x3'
                                                                         Acrylic
Timeless is the largest picture on canvas that I have done.  It seemed like it has taken timeless hours to complete but I think it is finally done except for the sides.  That however isn't the inspiration for the title.   Always when I am at the beach I am struck by  the waves that come in with such consistency and rhythm, they go on 24/7 so I thought it would be an appropriate title.   Many thanks to Margaret Battye at PMP for the use of this gorgeous shot.

I have been working on this for a couple of weeks now and always at the end it is hard not to get impatient.  Firsts for this picture was:  1) working on canvas, might I say a BIG canvas (initially all that white was intimidating),   2) used the new interactive acrylics (they are different and I need more practice with them and need to try the mediums that make them special) and 3) painting lots of water.  I love the sense of power that this piece has, and, of course, the colors.  Never thought I could be partial to pthalo green.  But the most fun was trying to get the foam and spray and I worked a lot of this picture upside down so it was easier to get the brush strokes I wanted.

I had the canvas for quite a while, at least 2+ years now, after I read that only amateurs work small, (yes, it tells you where I am in the scheme of things, D:)) but could never figure out what I wanted to put on it until I start working with painting water.  Thought this size would look good over my fireplace, a sneak peek below of what it might look like hanging.  Jane, sorry, but just not up to your level - have to work on it as I always love how you display!!


I have decided I have to do it again, work large and might even try to go bigger, after all I have to fill up the walls now.  Wonder how big I can get into my Honda or well my neighbor has a big SUV!!?

Thanks much for taking a look and have a super weekend.

Comments

hmuxo said…
I can't say enough about this painting Nelvia! This is outstanding and another favorite!
The colors and that beautiful movement......all perfect!
Meredith Adler said…
I think you did an amazing, amazing job! Congratulations!
Great job Nelvia! I really like the colours and can almost see the sunlight in the green waves. I have had a 2' x 3' canvas for about 5 years that I keep thinking I will have to paint - maybe one day - lol!
Jane said…
What a gorgeous piece, you worked the foam and the waves incredibly well, just fabulous , and looking really good over the fire place. I don't think I have anything to tech you about decorating , but thanks for the compliment :-))
Alexander said…
Just one word: masterpiece. Really wow. Fantastic. Nothing more to be said. best

Popular posts from this blog

Shades of Pink

Day 10 30 Day Challenge Molten Gold pastel landscape

Rumba acrylic portrait of dancers