Pinterest Adventures in Social Media

 Just finished my commission and it always leaves me a little discombobulated and disenchanted with anything I am working on.  So if the art muse is missing, the research muse decided to get active again.  I lightly started talking about Pinterest in a previous post, Target Customer Analytics, and as I have just tied my blog to Pinterest I thought I would expand a bit on why I am going to pursue Pinterest.  While Instagram has bit into Pinterest's bubble, there is still  much viability to this social media tool.  The good thing with Pinterest is you can really let your imagination run rampant on almost any subject and it works to your advantage.

-  There are 100 million users that log onto Pinterest every day, 71-80% Females (depends on who you read) and 29% Male, with 60% of all users being in the US
                                         Age Ranges: 18-29  34%  

                                                           30-49  28%    

                                                           50-64  27%  

                                                           65+  17%
When I checked  my FASO analytics my age ranges and female/male ratio were pretty different.  
-  Each day of the week has a theme for the best posts with Saturday afternoon or evening being the primest prime time
                                     Monday       Fitness 
                              Tuesday      Technology
                              Wednesday Quotes
                              Thursday     Fashion
                              Friday          Humor
                              Saturday     Travel
                              Sunday       Food and DIY Crafts

-  One of the reasons Pinterest remains  undaunted against tweets and instagram is that it actually takes about 3.5 months for a pin to reach 50% engagement.

-  75% of the users come using their mobiles, a stat I had also on my FASO website

-  The most successful pinners are pinning 15-30 times a day.  No, they aren't sitting at their computers all day, or maybe some are, but use scheduling to spread out their posts.  

-  Colors, composition and image light conditions all make a difference as to a post being repined

Ok, I have read so much stuff that I can't really remember exactly why I wanted to tie Pinterest to my blog.  I read, reread, googled and edited my blogs html to do it so I hope it does something.  Oh yeah, I think I wanted to see if I could get more people to read this blog.  Maybe that's why ....

More to come I am sure

Thanks much for stopping by and hope you are having a super day.





Comments

Rita Vaselli said…
Hi Nelvia...I had a great love for Pinterest...that now is a bit cooled!!! I wish to resume,maybe.It is a nice place to meet art and culture and friends!!!
Joan Tavolott said…
I always forget to post there...maybe because I don't know enough about how it works.
hmuxo said…
I don't know anything about Pinterest. I'd love to learn.....maybe someday!!!
Very interesting Nelvia. I am like Joan and always forget to use Pinterest and probably for the same reason. Maybe I should spend some time this year and try to learn all the things you are studying. Have a great day!
Janet Bradish said…
This is so extensive - I have used Pinterest off and on, but never consistently. I am going to take another look. Do you use scheduling and if so using what? I have heard about Hootsuite - will have to go look again! Appreciate how extensive this post is and your sharing of the info. Hope the painting muse will come back to you sooner rather than later. Have a good day

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo