Pinterest Strategy Adventures in Social Media

This is where it gets dicey, it's time to to have a real defined strategy for Pinterest.   But what?  Now I have access to analytics and can judge visitor reactions to try to capitalize on successful pins/art work and reproduce more of them.   Since I have decided to learn about Pinterest and posting more, things have already changed pretty dramatically, just the tip of the iceberg.  Consistently (means five minutes of pulling up analytics and looking at a graph)  measuring your activity on Pinterest can provide pretty instantaneous feedback about what types of content resonate best on this channel and with your specific audience.

Which are the analytics to watch?  The number of followers is important, but doesn't tell the whole story of your success on Pinterest.   
 -      For instance, on February 3 I started playing around from doing nothing to posting a few things, analytics show for the timeframe last 14 days/last 7 days show:
-  went from 0 average daily impressions 82/161 This helps you gauge whether the visual content on your boards is interesting enough to get people to view your site  This was the average, but individual daily views/visitors ranged from 0/0 to 510/369 in my best one day?? 
-      0 Average average daily viewers 54/108  This was the average, but individual daily views/visitors ranged from 0/0 to 510/369 in one day??  The second week I have been occasionally repinning and posting a few things my range is a low of 7/7 to 138/42.
-    Thus far I have had repins on last Saturday and Sunday, a total of 7 that are my actual posts.  Why is that a goal and an analytic to watch?  Repins are the fuel for engagement on Pinterest. When a Pinterest user sees a visual in their feed from one of the accounts they are following, they can choose to repin it to their boards, which also adds it to their followers’ feeds. This action can help your content quickly get in front of new Pinterest users who may not be following your account.
-     Some pins will drive engagement only at the Pinterest level, but I am starting to see daily traffic getting engaged enough to "click" to learn more and are going to my website and blog.  
-    Ah yes, those followers, I have gone from one faithful, my friend Nancy G, to 6, with a new one being another friend, Val P.  You go Val!
-     Oh yes, the top 8 boards are what you see when you arrive at a person's site, so make them the most important and be sure they tell who/what you are and enjoy.

Usually using last 14 days is the best timeframe to judge how content is being received as it can take that long to gain traction.

Thus far the top 3 most successful pins I have aren't mine, but things I was interested in added to one of my boards.  My personal best pin is the day 31 collage of the 30 day challenge.  That seemed to bring viewers in and then I have various other art pieces that they then took a look at.

Just like FASO, you want to have a healthy mix of return and new visitors.

So I think this answers my initial question on strategy, it’s vital to create/repin visuals of interesting paintings/information that encourage your followers to repin them to their boards which puts it in front of their following.

Thanks for following and hoping this helps and makes Pinterest a bit clearer. 

Comments

Janet Bradish said…
Way to go Nelvia! Sound's like your research is paying off. Appreciate you sharing your info.
I am totally befuddled but very impressed with your commitment to your study of the analytics. Good for you Nelvia! I am happy to follow your pinterest page although I don't know what impact it will have for you - like I said, befuddled.
Nelvia said…
well right now have to agree as the goal was to get more eyeballs on my work and to my blog. Hope I can keep it going.
Nelvia said…
Hope my email helps a little.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo