Galactic Wolf acrylic portrait wolf


                                                                Galactic Wolf
                                                                    14"x11"
                                                                    Acrylic

First let me apologize for asking you to prove you are real.  I don't know if this will help but I am getting hit by hundreds of supposedly views, all coming from Denmark.  I don't know exactly what it is or how to stop it, but I am trying different things in the settings.  Most everything I read is that these are bots and only I see they are hitting the site, but it bugs me!!  I will remove the "prove it" once it settles down.  I might just have to go dark for a while - don't know.

Ok, next is I think I got a little colorful on this one.  But I needed to do something to jazz it up a bit.  After I put the mountains in I really didn't like them and wish I would have added the wolf lower.  Isn't it weird how some times you just fight with a picture and other times it just comes out meek and mild?  Well this was a war and I think I have painted him several times, but since I am using mat board color tends to sink into the mat, so this morning I just went BOLD.  As you all know I love doing eyes, but I really love the eyes in this one and I think they command you to look at him as he is looking directly at you.  Anyway, I trust you guys will tell me when I am going over the edge.

Thanks a lot for taking a look.

Comments

Helen said…
This animal-out-of-the-sky style you've hit on lately is just mystical...eerie... haunting... I mean all of those in the most positive way. They just cause me to stop, enlarge the photograph, look back. Then I look to see just what is wolf, what is sky, and what is both.
Joan Tavolott said…
I scrolled down to the lion to check how you did him. He was more subtle, but I love the way the colors in this make him jump out at you. You are not over the edge at all. Well done!
I like the way you incorporated the wolf and sky colours into the mountains. It connects both the earthly animal and the spirit animal. Another super painting Nelvia!
Love the eyes and the color, well done.

Popular posts from this blog

Bold woman's portrait

Her Highness mixed media woman portrait

In The Garden acrylic painting Redo